KAZGUU Law Clinic is a community of students who have set the goal of providing legal assistance and consultations free of charge to those who need it. A feature of our activity is that it is bilateral assistance. On the one hand, student activists help the population and promote the improvement of legal literacy, carry out legal propaganda, and on the other hand, our clients help the children gain the desired experience, and develop the necessary professional skills and competencies.
Serving people by providing high-quality free legal aid, as well as assistance in increasing the legal literacy of the population.
Providing free legal advice and legal assistance for disadvantaged groups of the population, increasing the level of legal literacy and legal awareness of the population, as well as improving the professional skills of interns in a legal clinic.
1) implementation of free legal advice for citizens;
2) provision of free legal assistance to disadvantaged groups of the population;
3) increasing the level of legal literacy and legal awareness of the population;
4) development and improvement of the professional skills of the legal clinic’s interns.
The activity’s principles:
Activities and cooperation:
1) legal advice and preparation of draft legal documents, including procedural ones;
2) effective pre-trial representation;
3) legal representation in exceptional cases for disadvantaged groups of the population;
4) implementation of a pilot project with the Saryarka District Court of the city of Astana;
5) cooperation with the ‘Adal niet’ foundation;
6) cooperation with the Mother’s House;
7) legal support of youth start-up projects;
8) large-scale consultations at the premises of shopping and entertainment centers of the capital;
9) participation in republican initiatives to provide free legal advice.
- Managers – 1st -year students of the KAZGUU Law School;
- Interns – 2nd – year students of the KAZGUU Law School;
- Lawyers – 3rd – year students of the KAZGUU Law School;
- Senior Lawyers – 4th – year students of the KAZGUU Law School;
- Experts – teaching staff, master’s degree students, and doctoral students of the KAZGUU Law School.